Now used as a Media PC on a 32″ HDTV..
This PC is fully maxed in upgrades, There can be no hardware added for a Significant increase in performance.
9800GT SSC is the most powerful Single Slot GPU we had, or could find otherwise.
this PC cannot use a Dual Slot Video Card. as you can see in the picture.
We had to upgrade the Power Supply in order to upgrade to a 9800GT Graphics Card.
The original Dell PSU was a max power output of 305 watts,
the 9800GT SSC requires a min of 400 watts total system power, 26amps on the +12v rail..
the PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS420X 420W has more then enough to power this system..
Everything is working flawless / Perfect..
We played Crysis on Medium settings @ 1024×768, and was very enjoyable with no lag…
The only modification that was needed was to cut a small amount of metal for the Power Plug on the PSU,
(eg.. the plastic ring / female plug for ac power) just used a pair of good wire cutters..
Also their were two pressure tabs at the top of the case to hold the psu snug,
I just pushed them up with a screw driver.
Running on Windows XP Media Center Edition, using 190.62 WHQL Nvidia drivers.
Tested – COD 5, Crysis Wars, Counter Strike Source, for several hours…
– Intel Pentium D 820 Smithfield 2.8GHZ Dual Core
– EVGA 9800GT SSC 512MB GDDR3 650MHZ
– CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
– PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS420X 420W ATX12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
– Seagate Baracuda 160GB SATA 3GBs (OS)
– Stock Dell CPU cooler
– Onboard Sound Sigamatel
– Windows XP Media Center Edition (32-Bit)