Update on the Battlefield 3 Minimum system requirements test:
- Windows 8 64-Bit Developer Preview
- Nvidia Driver 285.16 Win8 Default (not the recomended)
- Intel E5300 Dual Core 2.6GHZ
- Intel G41 Motherboard
- EVGA GT240 512MB GDDR5 / 550MHZ-Core / 1340MHZ-Shader / 1700MHZ-Mem
- Corsair 2GB XMS3 DDR2/800
- WD Cavier Green 160GB
Here’s what I came up with:
- 30FPS Solid
- 1024×768 60HZ resolution
- Settings all on Low / AA=2x
To save alot of frustration I reccomend doing the following step:
- Start Origin in [ OFFLINE ] mode
- Start a Campaign, or Continue an existing
- Once the game starts hit [esc] >> Settings >> Video
- Change the resolution and apply resolution, then change to low settings
- Click the back button and settings should save
This should now allow you to change settings without studdering issues.
In my opinion the default settings should already be at Low / 800×600
So you can slowly raise the settings in small steps..
I did’nt have alot of time to try higher settings,
But the system would freeze while to trying to get them tuned down to low.
I recomend opening Origin in [ OFFLINE ] mode.
It makes it easier to adjust settings in a Sinlge Player game.
So far the game is very playable, and enjoyable on this system,
Runs smooth, just not the best graphics.
Later I will use this same system to test an 8600GT 512,
Other systems to test in the futere as well, 780i Q6600, 8800GTS 512, Core i7 X58, GTX285, etc.
I will also test some of the newer drivers NV 285.62 WHQL,
and maybe some BETA drivers as well..